Friday, February 21, 2014

The Seamstress Welcomes another Machine to the Family


My birthday present from my husband... A travel sewing machine! It is just five pounds and can easily fit in a suitcase, as you can see from the paperback leaning against it!

I picked this machine after the Refashionista recommended Janome's other mini machine - the Sew Mini. Unfortunately the Sew Mini has been out of stock this year, but the Teal machine is very similar and has a few more stitches, so I'm excited to test it out!

Nathan suggested I name this one "The Little Mermaid" because it's ocean colored and little. I find that kind of catchy...

(Yes, this is machine #5. I have my main husquevarna, my backup husquevarna, my serger, my antique sentimental machine that was my grandmother's, and now this one!)

UPDATE 12/1/14 - I love this machine! It's worked very well for me. A bit slower than my normal machine, but good stitches and the ability to even sew through two layers of the thick red velvet damask I use for Red's cloak. 

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I would very much like to hear your review of this machine. I've seen it online at Joann.com.