Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Perfect Pirate Costume

Today I'm sharing a picture of one of my favorite movie costumes - the gorgeous half oriental half steampunk pirate king costume worn by Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End." 


I've thought this piece was unique and beautiful from the first time it hit the web. The gorgeous embroidery, the practical armor that retains the softness of femininity, that fantastic belt - it is by far the best costume I have ever seen worn by a pirate, female or otherwise!

In fact, just 24 hours before deciding to go to the midnight opening of Pirates 3 in costume, I decided I would try to replicate this ensemble! With at least 9 of those hours taken up by sleep, and another few by driving and trying to get the necessary materials, I think it's pretty cool that I managed to created anything at all!



(Yes, I also did Captain Jack's costume)


It is my hope and dream to someday do a full and accurate replica of Elizabeth's costume with proper materials and plenty of time. I guess we'll see!

1 comment:

Magdalen Aithne Arkright said...

That's cool! I agree, best pirate costume ever.