Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy 200th Post! (A Look Back)

Well I am sitting down to write my 200th post here... wow. What a journey this blog has taken me on! I started it just 20 months ago, when I was embarking on a new college adventure that was supposed to lead me to a degree in fashion design. Health issues intervened, and I ended up back home and too ill to get much sewing done, so I turned to blogging about costumes I loved. To my surprise, these posts got readers who found my thoughts on costuming really interesting... and that encouraged me to write more! Then one day I got an inquiry about recreating Regina's Seafoam Riding Coat from "Once Upon a Time" and as I documented that project, the internet suddenly seemed to decide that I was the go-to person for costume commissions of a "Once Upon a Time" flavor. Before I quite knew what was happening, I had a full time job on my hands and blog posts getting 10,000+ hits.

To say I was not prepared would be an understatement.

 I just finished doing my most detailed recreation yet... Padme's wedding dress from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. It was over 60 hours of labor and I cannot wait to show you all of the photos from the project. It was frankly rather surreal. Here I am, making a living doing what I love best, and not because I planned it. I am so very, very blessed.

 So this post is both a look back and a major thank you to everyone who has clicked on this page, whether you ordered a costume, left a comment, or just were another viewer to lift me up on the Google search engine. I am so grateful to you all, and hope to continue providing enjoyable, informative and inspirational content for a long time to come. Here's to another 200 posts... and more!

1 comment:

Andy Hauge said...

WOW. I had a look just for fun: if you Google "Once Upon a Time Costumes", this shows up on the front page-- http://seamstressconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/04/costumes-of-once-upon-time.html