Thursday, May 16, 2013

Padme Wedding Ensemble - Part 2

Read Part 1 yet?



It was a little difficult to determine whether the undersleeve of the dress was attached to the overdress or underdress. I decided to go with the overdress, and finished the neckline of the underdress by adding spaghetti straps.


After sewing the lining pieces together, I turned everything inside out and lined up the lining and underdress to pin everything in place.


The train was fussy and honestly, if I made it again, I would leave the dress unattached at the bottom and just do a narrow hem or something. However this fabric was so slippery, that I determined it would be the best way to get a smooth straight seam. In the future I'd use a stiffer fabric.


From the back, attached but not ironed.




The veil was crazy insane to bead, but fun too. I used a variety of sizes, from 3mm-10mm to create the pattern.





As you can see here, I sewed around in circles, so that the faint thread tracing is visible. This was necessary to get the lace to form around the head properly.


Ready to see the dress applique work and overdress construction? Check out Part 3!

2 comments:

Shaylynn said...

This is insanely detailed and beautiful Elena! Great job, can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Ahh!! I want to see the finished product!