Thursday, April 5, 2012

What are you wearing for Easter?

 Dressing up for Easter is a time honored tradition among Christians, becoming such a staple of our culture that it scored a Fred Astaire/Judy Garland film titled "The Easter Parade." While the focus of the holiday is the spiritual center of the Christian religion, it also is one of those rare occasions (in addition to weddings and Christmas) that nearly always merits a special - and often new - outfit for women. 

Easter often takes me by surprise, but one year I did go all out for it, designing and sewing (with some assistance) coordinating dresses for myself and the four girls I nannied for at the time.

This year it's not certain that my health will allow me to make it to Easter services, but I hope to wear the Shabby Apple Biacami dress that I won in this giveaway.

What do you plan to wear? 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I made myself a skirt to wear for Easter. The fabric is yellow, with pink flowers and green leaves. I used a coordinating green fabric for a hem band.
I hope you have a Blessed Easter!