Monday, January 2, 2012

Cream Vintage-Style Dress

For Christmas I made my sister a vintage style tunic/dress that we designed together. It was an intensive but rewarding and fairly straightforwards process and we both are really happy with how it turned out.

I started off with taking an existing dress of hers and drawing out bodics pattern pieces based on that on the lining fabric.

I then cut and basted the lining pieces, put it on my sister and made adjustments as necessary.

I then took out the basting stitches and used the lining pieces as patterns for the eyelet fabric which would be forming the top layer.

I assembled the entire bust part of the bodice and attached the eyelet to the lining at the top seam. I then measured out a straight waistline of both the eyelet and the lining.


Next I sewed the lining waistband to the bust lining, and the same with the eyelet. No seams showing inside or outside!

I then ironed down the seams and topstitched-in-the-ditch along the upper seam of the waistband to hold the  eyelet and lining together.

The bodice, pressed and folded right side out.

Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the discussion! Please note that due to chronic illness, I am no longer taking commissions of any kind.

Thank you for being polite and profanity free :)