After a month in the new house, I decided to see if I could manage to start and complete a simple project. My muscles are pretty much non-existant after nine months of being sick, and stress really screws everything up, so I decided to just try a low-frustration low-risk personal project to start building myself up to the point where I can finish my contracted commissions.
I had a lovely blue floral cotton with a gorgeous drape in my stash. I decided to make a simple sundress out of it.
I went for a very basic bodice. It was thick enough not to line, which was great and make it so much simpler (and cooler!) I ended up spending one day just fussing with the bodice fit, so I was really glad that I didn't have to adjust a lining layer as well.
(I lost a LOT of weight over the past year - almost 40lbs. The clothes that fit me now are all at least four or five years old, so it's really nice to have something new in my wardrobe that FITS).
I used binding on the neck and armholes, turning it towards the inside to create as little bulk as possible. It turned out quite nice!
Of course, I then I had to find an occasion to wear the dress - and I found two in the same week! I also found that my pink Eileen Fisher sweater I inherited from my grandmother works perfectly with it!
It was so wonderful to feel well enough to make AND wear my own creation, and feel like I looked great in it. I'm still struggling health-wise, but this was a pretty big event. Now waiting to see if I continue to improve, or if I suffer any set-backs with the changing seasons.