Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Dress Sketch Commissions OPEN!

As you may know, Nathan and I are in a tight spot financially. Due to my fibromyalgia, I'm still unable to deal with the physical demands of sewing. (I hemmed some curtains for Nathan last week and the pinning alone just about killed my fingers.)
However, drawing with markers is not only manageable in spurts (writing is different), it actually calms me down and can reduce my headache at times. So after a lot of thought, I've decided to offer clothing sketches on commission as an attempt to raise some much needed $$$.
Below are the basic perimeters. I'm going to take on just a few to start and see how it goes.
Because this is marker and not digital, once it's drawn, I can't change it. If you want preliminary idea sketches ahead of time, that would be an additional cost ($5 extra for three preliminary sketches, of which you pick one for final design).
I'm only doing clothing designs right now, not animals, scenes, multiple figure poses, etc.
I'm starting off at $20, but we'll see what happens (that may not be enough, based on what I see other artists charging. Right now we're just desperate.)
Send me a line if you are interested in acquiring a piece of existing art you've seen me do in the past.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Are you still doing this? I would love to commission something! My email is cherchezgigi@gmail.com