Monday, June 23, 2014

Queen Regina Embroidery

Remember that post I wrote about how difficult it was proving to find the right fabric for Queen Regina's Black and Purple costume? Well we decided to purchase a blue and black brocade and add the purple with the help of my new embroidery machine. It has been QUITE the task - I have 1 and 1/2 skirt panels left to go and then it'll be done! 

Anyhow, I thought you might like to see my machine in action.

video

Video #1 is about 90 seconds and shows the start of the design. I have to press a button between the three stages, because the original design includes a color change that we don't need.

The plastic film you see covering the fabric is a water soluble stabilizer. After all of the designs are sewn, I soak the material in water and the plastic dissolves away! 

video

The second video is just 30 seconds long and you can see the flowers emerging.

My machine is a Brother SE 400 for Embroidery and Sewing, which I purchased from Amazon for $300 back in March. I adore it! The flower design is from iBroidery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the discussion! Please note that due to chronic illness, I am no longer taking commissions of any kind.

Thank you for being polite and profanity free :)