Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Princess Emma Swan Dress (At Last!)

Headache this week, so not a huge update, but I do have to point out the long awaited appearance of PRINCESS EMMA.

(my screencaptures from screencapped.net)



Yes. It's a dream sequence. yes. It's super weird to see Emma in a frilly dress. But man, we've been waiting 3 seasons for this! And it's a gorgeous dress that is very evocative of a swan, our Emma's motif.

Here's hoping this won't be the last appearance of Princess Emma!

4 comments:

Casey said...

I gotta say, I was disappointed by this dress. The color didn't look good on her. She kinda looked like Cinderella.

Elora Shore said...

I was happy to see it too! It was strange, but it was the element of "this would have been her", and it was interesting. I liked it well enough. I didn't go gaga over it, but it was nice, and it didn't look stupid. It was just pretty, and she looked so sweet. I wonder if there will be a "princess" moment--perhaps if she ever gets married--perhaps in the Enchanted Forest? Who knows? And who would be the groom...hmm....

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Casey - I also felt a Cinderella similarity. It would have been better if they'd gone with a different color than light blue for that reason (although I don't think the color looks bad on her, I think we're just really unused to seeing her in a flouncy dress). I'm guessing they didn't go with a white gown because it would seem too much like a wedding dress (only Snow can get away with white all the time). Pale pink would have looked gorgeous on her, though, or pale green, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

She would also look amazing in REd