Friday, July 6, 2012

Fabric Bargains

I like bargains. And I like fabric. And I really love fabric bargains. Over the years I've made some pretty awesome finds, everywhere from garage sales, to JoAnn Fabrics, to fabric warehouses. A couple times people have even given me fabric, and pretty sizable pieces too!

There's one dark red taffeta I've been watching in the home decor section at JoAnn Fabrics. It's my favorite shade of my favorite color and I've wanted it for ages, but it's simply been too expensive. Even when it hit the clearance rack it was still around $10 a yard. So time and again I passed it by, gave it a sigh, and moved on.

Yesterday I stopped by to pick up some markers and happened to walk past the clearance aisle... and see that it was all 50% off. Those are the best bargains, so I decided to glance over the selection and see if there was anything worth stocking up on. The dark red taffeta was there, already marked down to $6 a yard... which would make the total price $3 a yard! I couldn't believe it! I could get 4 yds for $12 and either make something for myself, or have it if a customer needed something exactly like it.

So yeah. That's my seamstress confession for today.

No comments: