Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Post of Bags (Superheros and otherwise)

I've been a bit obsessed with making bags lately. Not because they're more fun than costumes, but because they make really good gifts and are a great way to utilize fun fabric. 


Above - a tote bag I made for my grandmother.


Came across this awesome Marvel fabric while it was on sale, right before my friend Alicia's birthday. I decided to make her a backpack purse out of it.



Lined, with reinforced seams (zigged because I didn't have my serger yet, this was back in May!)






Kind of especially proud of the square box bottom I put in.




Sorry about the sideways pictures, I don't know why these didn't get rotated!


And I had enough fabric left over to make a pencil bag for my friend Shannon, but unfortunately I didn't manage to get a picture of that before I sent it off. Boo!

1 comment:

Amanda Haas said...

Those bags are awesome, I totally bought that same fabric from Joann's and I'm making a dress out of it! Lovely, keep up the good work