As you can see, the bedroom needs some flair.
I whipped up some very simple voile curtains. I didn't even bother to pin the hem allowances, it was a straight edge with a non-stretchy fabric, so I just used my adjustable elastic guide on my machine to freehand the seams.
Then I played around with how to arrange the top drape. Originally I wanted to make it more canopy like, but our ceiling fan just made that look weird. So I settled for this.
The original plan involved Japanese lanterns. We duly went out and got all the stuff... but a) the lanterns were too big, and b) the bulbs (from IKEA so not easily swapped out) were WAY too bright. *sigh*
HOWEVER. Target had a string of little Japanese lanterns on clearance, and with my RED card I could get free shipping. HUZZAH! Decor saved! It adds lovely texture to the wall without distracting from the rich red and beaded embroidery of the comforter.