Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reorganizing the Scrap Bag

Remember in the pioneer books the moms would always have scrap bags they made quilts out of? Well that idea took over my brain at a young age and since I was about 8 I've been saving the scraps from my fabric for quilts and doll clothes and random little things. 

This year when I moved (twice, or thrice, however you want to look at it) I realized that I had TWO HUGE BAGS of itty bitty scraps. And they were all mixed up and jammed in there and I really didn't need half of them.

So I went through, sorted through every single scrap, threw away the ones that were too small to ever do anything with, organized them by color, and gave each color a plastic bag and put them all in a big tub.




It's kind of awesome and super efficient and looks much prettier now too. 

No comments: